Thursday, September 13th @ BWI Airport Marriott
IES Baltimore Elections
The Baltimore Chapter of the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America is taking nominations for leadership over the next two years. We need your help to fill these positions!
Who should be an Executive Board member?
Any IESNA member with a desire to affect the lighting community and their education in the greater Baltimore area! Past leadership experience is not required but is preferred.
Not an IESNA member? You can join today at http://www.iesna.org.
What does the commitment entail?
Serving as a Baltimore IES Executive Board member is a two-year commitment for that position. Each position requires different skills and time commitments. Generally, all board members should attend monthly events, and semi-annual board meetings. Board members communicate outside of these events on a weekly to daily basis.
What if I would like to be volunteer, but would not like to serve as a Board Member?
Join a committee! A list of active committees can be found below. Committees support how well our chapter runs. Attached to this email is a list of all committees.
How does the election process work?
- First, we ask all active IES members to review the attached Executive Board position descriptions.
- Nominate other IES members, or yourself, that may be interested in a position between now and June 8th. The link to nominate someone can be found at the end of this document.
- Nominees will be contacted about their nomination. If they choose to accept the nomination, then they will be placed on the ballot.
- Between June 13th and 20th, IES members will be contacted via email with a ballot for voting.
- New Executive Board members will be announced on June 21st at the crab feast.
DOWNLOAD DESCRIPTION INFORMATION FLYERS HERE: